This post has been viewed 22 times
Troop 48 Update - 7/26/20
Email to a Friend
Posted on Sun, Jul 26, 2020
- We need an adult to serve as a merit badge counselor for the Music merit badge. If you have experience in that area, or know a good candidate, please contact Mr. Brian Issing.
- We need an adult volunteer to manage our troop’s Facebook site, posting articles each week. Material for posting will be provided. If you are interested in this role, please contact Kim Ridenhour. We also are looking for someone to replace Kim as Committee Chair. Let Kim or John Campbell know if you are interested in that role.
- Below is a message from the Council asking for volunteers to create Scouting videos for recruiting. Please contact Holly Cooper if you are interested, her contact information is at the end of the message.
Hopefully by now, you have seen our new "Di You Know?" campaign that shares fun facts, life lessons and skills learned through Scouting.
The blog content can be viewed at https://www.chickasaw.org/dyk-blog
My vison is to incorporate authentic videos into the campaign and I need your help.
Here are some specifications:
1. Videos – :30 to :45 second videos with some of these suggested topics (NOTE: Please shoot horizontally opposed to vertically)
i. If you go over :45 seconds but good content, no worries 😊
Why they love/like Scouting?
What have they learned that can be used in everyday life?
3 to 5 fun facts
What can’t I live without about Scouting?
Would they be willing to recruit another Scout and if so what would they tell them?
Do they enjoy archery, shooting and if so why?
How important is it to learn how to swim?
Mom testimonies to be used for recruiting
Why volunteering is self-gratifying?
Pack or Troop messages to other kids
These are just suggested topics but I welcome any that would speak to Did You Know? or membership recruiting messages. Please share this with other volunteers, Cubs and Scouts that might be interested in producing a video. I’d like to begin running these spots the beginning of August through the recruitment season.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you want to talk about some ideas.
Holly A. Cooper | Chief Communications Officer
- Virtual Troop Meetings on Tuesday nights at 7:30 pm – we have set up a recurring meeting WebEx invitation for the troop meetings. It will start at 7:30 pm every Tuesday July 21 through December 8. It will be the same WebEx invite every week, so you won’t get an email each week, just accept the recurring meeting and it will populate your calendar for the all of the Tuesdays. All Scouts should attend the troop meetings via WebEx each week, unless instructed otherwise.
- Several virtual merit badges are available on the Chickasaw Council calendar. Visit this site https://www.chickasaw.org/calendar regularly to review the ones offered and register. The Scout needs approval from Scoutmaster Issing (call his home number) to begin the merit badge. Space is limited, so act quickly if you would like to register.
- All Troop 48 in-person activities are cancelled until the church informs us that we can return, however the new Scout patrol is planning to meet at the firepit at the church on August 4th.
Keep up-to-date on Troop activities by visiting our Troop 48 Website and Facebook page:
www.Troop48.org - Facebook: Troop 48 Germantown
Our Troop activity calendar is updated frequently: Troop Calendar
Please visit our FaceBook page and 'like' it.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.