This post has been viewed 16 times
Troop 48 Update - 7/28/20
Email to a Friend
Posted on Tue, Jul 28, 2020
- We need an adult to serve as the popcorn sale chairperson for this year. If you are interested in this position, please let Kim Ridenhour know. There is a Zoom call this Saturday, August 1st at 10 am for the Chickasaw Council Popcorn Kick-Off, so it would be great if we could get a volunteer before that.
- We need an adult volunteer to manage our troop’s Facebook site, posting articles each week. Material for posting will be provided. If you are interested in this role, please contact Kim Ridenhour. We also are looking for someone to replace Kim as Committee Chair. Let Kim or John Campbell know if you are interested in that role.
- Many thanks to Isabel Ragland who is making face masks for the troop! We are in the process of distributing one face mask per Scout and adult leader. When you get yours, here are some tips & tricks for your new Troop 48 face mask:
- Facemasks should cover both your nose and mouth and stay in place when worn properly.
- The elastic bands are adjustable to make them fit better. Try the two-half hitch knot for maximum adjustability.
- Troop masks should be washed periodically. We recommend hand washing in warm or hot water.
- The masks are not reversible, so only touch the outside with your hands. Keep the inside which goes over your nose and mouth as clean as possible.
- Write your name in permanent marker on the tag on the inside so it can be returned to you in case you misplace it.
- Text Mr. Ragland with any questions about your mask. Scouts must copy another adult when emailing and adult, for example, you can copy your parent(s).
- All Troop 48 in-person activities are cancelled until the church informs us that we can return, however the new Scout patrol is planning to meet at the firepit at the church on August 4th.
Keep up-to-date on Troop activities by visiting our Troop 48 Website and Facebook page:
www.Troop48.org - Facebook: Troop 48 Germantown
Our Troop activity calendar is updated frequently: Troop Calendar
Please visit our FaceBook page and 'like' it.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.